People have access to all the information in the world at their fingertips via the internet and social networks even on the go via mobile phones and tablets. With people being very conscious of their time and money, they don’t want to waste it by going to a place that they don’t feel will give them what they are looking for, so they do research (aka “search”).
You must have a professional-looking site if you want to be taken seriously. Since many consumers now search for information online prior to making a purchase at a brick-and-mortar store, your site may be the first chance you have at making a good impression on a potential buyer. If your site looks like it was designed by a barrel of colorblind monkeys, your chance at making a good first impression will be lost.
Tim Knox on Entrepreneur.com in a similar article states “The point to be made here is that you should at the very least have a presence on the web so that customers, potential employees, business partners and perhaps even investors can quickly and easily find out more about your business and the products or services you have to offer.”
Kentucky Lake Productions LLC has a solid list of 8 reasons why you need a website with some compelling stats:
- Websites Never Sleep. Many people surf the web in the evening when most businesses are closed — which is fine because websites never sleep! A website will allow your business or organization to be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Having a website is the equivalent of having an employee working around the clock — even weekends and holidays!
- Your Top Competitor Has A Website. If you are in direct competition with another business that has a website, they have a clear advantage — especially if they are adequately marketing their website. A website is a great way to level the playing field.
- “Just Google It”. More than ever before, people are turning away from traditional means of finding information and looking online. Your business should be at their fingertips.
- Websites Improve Customer Confidence & Corporate Image. With a professional website, you will improve you overall impression to the public and, in turn, your customers will develop a greater sense of confidence in your organization.
- Small Businesses Have Higher Revenue. According to the Small Business Administration, small businesses that have websites are averaging $1.07 million more per year in sales than small businesses not online. That equates to 39% higher revenue.
- Do You Know 266 Million People? That is the number of North Americans that regularly use the Internet. Worldwide Internet usage is well over one billion.
- Websites Help Establish More Customers. According to the Small Business Administration, 50% of Internet sales are from new customers. Having a website significantly improves your customer reach no matter what services or products you offer.
- Websites Are Not Just Local – They Are Global. Most small businesses are only able to market to their town and surrounding communities. With a website, you can take your goods and services across America and around the world, if you so choose.
Related Article: Avoid these Web Design Sins
DO YOU NEED A WEB SITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS? CLICK HERE