Storytelling Arts of Indiana
Storytelling Arts of Indiana was originally founded as Stories, Inc. in 1987. Since then, it has grown by leaps and bounds, but our mission remains the same: to promote the art and use of storytelling in everyday life. From local favorites to nationally-recognized names, Storytelling Arts has brought tellers from all walks of life to Hoosier audiences for more than two decades.
MISSION STATEMENT & PURPOSE
Storytelling Arts of Indiana promotes the art and use of storytelling in everyday life.
In addition to the full schedule of storytelling concerts, Storytelling Arts of Indiana also provides:
* Weekly storytelling at Riley Children’s Hospital
* Monthly As I Recall Storytelling Guild Meetings at the Glendale Library
* A workshop for teachers, “Using Storytelling as an Educational Tool: Teaching English/Language Arts State Standards through Storytelling Activities for grades K-5″
* Jabberwocky after-work events in collaboration with IndyFringe
* Liar’s Contest in conjunction with the Indiana State Fair
HOW CAN YOU HELP
From our board members to those who bake cookies for Storytellers Theater, every volunteer is a wonderful asset to our organization. Volunteer opportunities range from taking tickets at the theater door, to telling stories once a month at Riley Hospital for Children, to helping us in the office or serving on our committees.
We are also seeking individuals who are willing to blog or write about our events on facebook, Smaller Indiana and any other social networking mediums available to you.
- Make a donation online today!
- Become and Endowment Contributor
- Become a Sponsor.
- Donate through Stay Classy
Mom-O-Rama told by Kevin Kling and Simone Perrin: May 14, 2011 …more info
8th Annual Sheridan Fireside Tales: June 4, 2011 …more info
Storytelling Arts of Indiana, P.O. Box 20743 Indianapolis, IN 46220